My last stop in Los Angeles until the end of April.
As is every time I am in L.A., I am fully committed to my one hotel of choice, The Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, which at this point, has begun to feel more like a part time residence.
Maybe it’s the L.A. sunshine, but I’m always the best version of myself when I am back in Southern California.
Hot tip: if you’re unfamiliar with L.A., and are traveling or moving here by yourself, you are in luck; Los Angeles is every bit as enjoyable solo as it is with company. I think I actually enjoy it the most when I’m alone. ‘Strangers’ is a short-lived term if you want it to be, as so many people are transplants, everyone is eager to make other human connections.
I do find personally though, that it is also a place where I love to show people around who haven’t been.
Things to do alone include the usual suspects… LACMA, a jaunt through the DTLA Arts District, Little Tokyo, maybe take lunch at The Beverly Hills Hotel, or The Beverly Wilshire (where Pretty Woman was filmed), take a fitness class at Lululemon, or shop Rodeo Drive.
When not in Beverly Hills, I like to make my way to either Pasadena or Santa Monica, visit old relics from my childhood, or wander down to the pier with a half-melted Pressed Juicery freeze, and a Moon Juice in tow.
My favorite places to eat in the area are delightfully predictable…
The Best Of L.A.
- Gratitude Beverly Hills (My favorite lunch spot, and solo dinner stop. A fabulous cocktail menu, beautiful patio dining, and a fully vegan menu)
- The Polo Lounge (The beautiful patio at The Beverly Hills Hotel)
- CATCH LA (Easily the coolest rooftop dining in Los Angeles – best at night)Chaumont Bakery & Café (Classic French pastries)
- Sugarfish (L.A.’s finest take-out sushi is always from Sugarfish)
- Spago (Wolfgang Puck’s Beverly Hills Flagship)
- Rosaliné (Exquisite Peruvian cuisine in West Hollywood)
- Park’s Barbecue (The very highest quality Korean barbecue cuts and banchan in Los Angeles)
- Raffi’s Place (Persian… need I say more?)
- Gracias Madre (Delicious, comforting, vegan Mexican inspired cuisine in West Hollywood)
The next time I’m in the City of Angels, I will be about 2 months post-op from my upcoming jaw/TMJ surgery, that’s I’ve had planned for the last ten years (a post coming up about that soon).
With my surgery less than week away, I am terrified and anxious to get this past me, but thankful I have things planned following to give me something to look forward to through the recovery period.
Here’s to hoping that I’ll be able to get my mouth around my next In-N-Out double-double. Sometimes you’ve just gotta cheat.