Thought I’d share this recipe – it’s 100% gluten-free & vegan if you substitute vegan mozzarella like Miyoko’s Creamery (which is phenomenal).
Without further ado:
Napoli Style Gluten-Free Pizza
Yields 4 pizzas
- Knead 670 g of flour and 540 g of cold water together at a slow speed.
- Add the yeast and then the salt, increasing the speed after 2 minutes to avoid lumps.
- Continue to mix for another 4 minutes, then add the oil and mix until fully absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Store the mixture in a large bowl and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat hands with oil, then divide dough into four pieces, wrap in foil or place in plastic container to rise for 5 hours at room temperature.
*note that gluten free dough is very soft; be sure to have oil on your hands when spreading to avoid sticking
- Pre-heat the oven with a pizza stone at 550 degrees Farenheit (or highest possible) and then set to broil when oven reaches temperature.
- Drain and slice or tear mozzarella.
- Pour tomatoes into bowl, crush tomatoes with hands, add salt and fresh crushed garlic clove to taste.
- Using baking parchment paper, dust with flour.
- Place dough on the paper and flatten with rolling pin.
- Use a spoon to gently spread the tomato sauce on the dough.
- Place the mozzarella di bufala and basil on top; drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook pizza for 3 minutes until it is golden brown.
Slice, or tear and enjoy!